What Happened to Values on TV Shows?

• Dave Roseland – from Texas
  • Dave Roseland – from Texas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

What Happened to Values on TV Shows?

1 year 7 months ago
Let us start by mentioning Bishop Fulton Sheen's TV show "Life is Worth Living". It ran on the DuMont Television Network from February 1952 to April 26, 1955, then on ABC until April 8, 1957, with over 10,000,000 viewers.

One of the shows he did in his first year was titled "The Philosophy of Communism". He oftentimes mentioned atheistic communism on his shows as he saw its hatred for God and its slow infiltration of the USA.

He garnered an Emmy in 1952, for Most Outstanding Personality, beating out Lucille Ball and Edward R. Murrow.

Much more could be said about him, but the main reason I bring him up here is to ask, can you imagine any of today's major networks running such a show during prime time with the audience out there? Plus, unfortunately, the networks would have a hard time finding corporations to advertise the program. They prefer to advertise the poor taste in comedy, vulgarisms, the likes of Black Lives Matter, and almost any anti-Christ shows on a daily basis.

I recently read in a newspaper someone asking whether "can we turn back to God and truth, or are we doing just fine without God?" The answer to both is probably NO; but we still have to keep praying that someday the pendulum will swing our (God's) way.

Never give up on the quest to return sanctity to the USA!

Please Log in to join the conversation.

• jose gonzalez

Re: What Happened to Values on TV Shows?

1 year 7 months ago
I don't give up, but for now we are running fast through the highway to Hell. 

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Moderators: Miguel SaludesAbelardo Pérez GarcíaOílda del CastilloRicardo PuertaAntonio LlacaEfraín InfantePedro S. CamposHéctor Caraballo
Time to create page: 0.506 seconds